jueves, 5 de agosto de 2010

Whoopi Goldberg vs Real Housewives of DC Star

"The View" talkshow continues to make waves, this time it includes Whoopi Goldberg and Michaele Salahi of  Real Housewives of DC.
It began like the typical episodes of The View on Wednesday. Co-hosts Sherri Shepherd and Joy Behar asked their guests with tough yet playful questions. However, at the backstage after the show, the real drama rolled out.
Michaele Salahi and her Real Housewives of D.C. and other casts like Mary Schmidt Amons, Lynda Erkiletian, Catherine Ommanney and Stacie Scott Turner guested on the ABC talk show, the new reality star was baffled after saying that Whoopi Goldberg, who was offstage for the segment, walked on the set, touched her arm and tried to regain he focus on the current topic: her alleged crashing of the White House state state dinner last November.
Though the brief encounter happened no more than several seconds of airtime, offstage, an unexpected scene reportedly happened. Salahi and her husband Tareq aired their complaints to producers about what she tells PEOPLE was a “humiliating and torturous” experience at the hands of Goldberg — and her View co-hosts.
“The first encounter I had with this woman is her grabbing my arm and telling me to change the subject,” Salahi tells PEOPLE in a phone interview Thursday. “It was very inappropriate … They want to torture me. I didn’t know would be this horrific.”
On thaat same interview segment, Salahi also had an altercation with her Housewives costar Erkiletian, who accused Tareq throwing  a glass of red wine on her at a recent press event in Los Angeles.  The interview was testy, and afterward Salahi said, “When I got off stage I was fine, but then I began to cry. Whoopi came in and said ‘Did you say that I hit you?’ “
Based on a statement on ABC’s Web site, Salahi told producers that Goldberg “hit” her. Salahi tells PEOPLE she used the word “grab.”
Goldberg did no denial about the backstage confrontation happened, but vehemently denied that she hit Salahi. “You know how I ,” she said, “choice words. And I make no apology for my choice words.”
However the situation went to another level when Salahi’s husband Tareq entered the scene.
“Tareq, my husband, said you need to apologize to my wife,” Salahi tells PEOPLE. “Whoopi doesn’t like to be told what to do. He said, ‘We’re just guests and this is an inappropriate way to treat guests.’ “
But Goldberg says Tareq “got in face, had his BlackBerry out and started taking pictures of me. And needless to say, I really went off on him. And there was even more choice words. It was so choice, you could have cut it with a knife and eaten them.”
At this point, Salahi says, “I was really sobbing. I just wanted to get out of there.”
While Goldberg refused to comment anymore, co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck read a statement on air from Salahi’s camp saying that no charges were levied after the alleged White House crashing incident, Salahi says she doesn’t understand where all the purported hostility came from on the set of The View.
“Whoopi, I don’t know you. I never saw Sister Act,” she says. “I don’t know much about her. The fact that I have had no encounters with her except this hostility, I don’t know where it’s coming from. It’s just another really painful learning lesson.”
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario